Sunday, December 13, 2009

Grant Stokes


The original story for FA came from producer Grant Stokes. When I first moved to Chicago, GS was instrumental in helping me meet other actors and performed in my award winning film, MAIDENHEAD. When he came to me with FA and introduced me to BW, I was thrilled to be able to come onboard and help take this story to the screen. FA is unlike any other picture I have made before and the combination of GS unique and subtle story and the chance to work with BW (one of Chicago's most recognized producers) was irresistible. Here, GS can be seen in early camera tests as we work in the Wicker Park/ Bucktown community. I want to use natural light and augment as little as possible. Both BW and I are fans of European art films and we wanted FA to be an art film that just happened tobe shot in America. GS was all for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment